Why You Need A NYC Building Violations Removal Expert

By Colette Foreman

It is never easy to own a house in the city. Unlike the suburbs, large urban areas have many restrictions and provisions that buildings must comply with or the owners risk paying hefty fines. However, even the most knowledgeable and experienced property developers may still face challenges with these legal issues. Therefore, it is necessary to have a NYC building violations removal expert you can count on.

As a new homeowner, you may be too eager to buy your house and settle down that you may forget to run a history check on the property. This results into buying a house that already has violated the building codes and you, as the new owner, will be accountable for all the legal responsibilities, which may include fines as well.

The most common regulations that people find that they have broken are those relating with Housing Preservation and Development, Environmental Control Board, and Department of Sanitation. However, it is not uncommon to find a notice from the Fire Department and Department of Sanitation. Once you know these requirements, you will know how to avoid the fines.

If you get a notice that you have violated requirements from any of the above departments, you will be required appear at an ECB court. Many people do not know the process of going about this because this is an administrative law court that deals specifically with notices from the Environmental Control Board.

You will definitely need a representative if you get a notice. However, you should not wait for that time to come to take action. A professional will help you fill all the paperwork and take you through the whole procedure of removing the notice of violation. This process requires going through the Department of Buildings Information System.

There are normally two obligations in resolving a notice issue. The first is normally to pay a civil penalty. The second is to request for a Certificate of Correction. You can do this either in person or via mail through the Department of Buildings. However, you must also have proof that the problem has been corrected. If your proof is accepted, your notice will be withdrawn.

In case the request is denied, your case will remain open. It can be frustrating and time consuming if you do not even understand what to do. To be on the safe side and save time and money, it is best to hire a professional.

If you know how to beat a violation, then you can avoid the fines. For example, the problem may not be due to your fault. If you can provide substantial proof that you had actually tied to deal with the issue before the notice, then it may be waived.

You should assess your property regularly to ensure that it does not violate any of the discussed provisions. If you notice a problem, then correct it as soon as possible. This will ensure that you do not pay fines that you could have easily avoided.

About the Author:

No comments:

Post a Comment